The full Policy - including revisions approved by Senate in May 2012 - is available here.
An appendix providing definition of terms and example module hours/ adjustments is available here.
Academic Contact articulates a set of commitments which draw upon and elaborate aspects of the LTA Policy which state that our students have the opportunity to:
- experience a high standard of learning, teaching and assessment that is informed by research, taught by leading researchers and allows students to explore current research in their discipline(s);
- be given a clear indication of the level of academic work expected of them and be provided with timely feedback;
- experience a variety of effective approaches to learning, teaching and assessment
These commitments set out a minimum standard that all students at Lancaster University can expect whilst acknowledging that many programmes offer much more.
- Commitments C1-C11 refer to traditional teaching styles
- Commitments C12-14 refer to the course approvals process
- Commitments C15-19 refer to assessment & feedback.
The policy also makes a commitment (C8) with regard to the training and support of postgraduates who teach.
This page was last edited on: